Software engineer (gameplay)
- Drive new gameplay stages through all stages of development.
- Work closely with the design team on the goals and implementation of game features.
- Review and optimise existing systems based on a fluid development process.
- Provide feedback and feature requests to the core engineering team to ensure all game features can be made efficiently.
- Be involved with the design process providing feedback and helping with iterating on game designs.
- Be a part of our scrum team, taking part in planning and standups.
- Be a positive and proactive contributing team member working to solve problems.
- Strong proven knowledge of C++ in addition to Java and/or C#.
- 1+ shipped multiplayer title.
- Willingness to work collaboratively across multiple disciplines.
- Knowledge and experience with game engines (e.g. Unreal/CryEngine).
- Experience breaking down design documents into technical systems.
- A passion for video games, with a keen eye for design intent.
- A solid understanding of mathematical principles relevant to games development.
- Experience with industry standard development tools, practices and methodologies (Git, CI, Scrum etc).
- Applicants must have the permanent right to work in the UK.
- Competitive salary (based on experience).
- Benefits package including private health insurance, group pension plan, life assurance and travel insurance.
- 30 days paid holiday.
- Flexible working hours.
- Fully stocked fridges and weekly lunches.
- Gym Membership.
Apply for role >
Or apply by emailing: [email protected]
Location: Cambridge, UK
Posted on: 1 Feb 2019
Closing date: 1 Jun 2019